Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Black Bean Quesadillas

I am always looking for and creating no frills meals. Because we cook so much at home, I really try to create easy, fast, and affordable meals that everyone can eat. Here's an easy and really yummy recipe for Black Bean Quesadillas that everyone will love - including your kids (at least mine did!) 
This meal is loaded with protein (quinoa, beans, wheat tortillas and cheese) and nutrients. I used goat cheese because the proteins are smaller and easier for people to digest. You could substitute the cheese for another kind if you don't like goat cheese. 
My little girl helped me stir, and then fed some to the dog. : )

Ingredients:
(when selecting ingredients, organic is always better, but not necessary - though canned organic is actually more affordable than you think): 

1 can black beans - rinsed 
1 can chopped olives - rinsed
1 c. cooked quinoa - rinsed
4-5 oz. goat cheese
6 whole wheat tortillas 
3/4 c. salsa
1/4-1/2 tsp. ground cumin (optional)
1 avocado
Organic butter or oil for pan

This recipe is so easy, it's not worth a play by play.  

Put all of the ingredients (minus the avocado) in a bowl and mix. Another tasty addition would be a can of organic corn.

Schmear on the tortillas and place another on top. 


Brown both sides in a pan coated with an organic vegetable oil or organic butter. 

Cut with a pizza roller and top with avocado and extra salsa. 

Voila! A healthy dinner for under $10! 

Happy health!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good and similar to what we had for dinner tonight. Yummy! I just cook mine in the oven, I find it easier than the pan version of cooking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look healthy and amazing! I love all of the flavor combinations you have in these! I am loving your blog! I would love for you to visit me and join my site as well!

    riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baking in the oven is a great idea - thanks!

    Alyssa - you have a beautiful site - gonna go check it out now! : )

    ReplyDelete